Volunteer support workers are an integral part of the Jigsaw Recovery Project’s Team and as such are there to provide a high-quality service that promotes sustainable all round recovery, builds resilience and strengthens independence and hope with service users.
The jigsaw Recovery Project’s team work with service users from the point of referral and is very much about meeting the needs of the individual and not the service. The Support Worker role is essentially a peer mentoring role and all support workers will have lived experience of relevant services.
The Support worker assists the senior Support Worker Role to:
- Provide one to one mentoring.
- Communicate knowledge of service provision to service users.
- Assist Senior Support Worker with connecting individuals to training, employment and education opportunities.
- Engage with Experts by Experience groups.
- Attend any training applicable to the role and responsibilities.
- Work flexibly within an agreed number of hours to maintain the most appropriate level of service provision.
- Support service users with making phone calls to other professional’s, accompany the Senior support Worker to forums.
- Undertake community engagement and re-engagement.
- Actively develop own knowledge, skills and experience through supervision, training, observation and self-directed learning.
- Adhere to health and safety and safeguarding policy and practices.
Person Specification – Volunteer Support Worker
Health and safety
Basic IT skills
Lived experience of service provision
Peer mentoring experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Ability to understand and maintain confidentiality
Understanding of multiple and complex needs
Ability to work alongside a diverse range of team members and skill base
Numeracy and literacy
Knowledge of Safe guarding
Approachable and open minded
Willingness to learn
Support Worker play a vital role in the service and a lot of time is invested in supporting employees to reach their full potential. In return we ask for a minimum level of commitment:
- A minimum commitment of 1-2 days per week.
- A professional approach to punctuality and timekeeping.
- Complete in engagement in Jigsaw Recovery Project philosophy.
There will be a 3 month probationary period at which we will review your progress with you and determine whether and how the placement will proceed.
To apply for this position please complete our application form, available to download here as a Word Document or PDF format Here. and email to email@example.com or alternatively post it to FAO John Wood 309 Old Durham Rd Gateshead NE8 3TS.